Sunday 29 April 2012

Wagtail Ahoy!

Non stop rain since Friday has meant we have had a few inches of rain, and the golfing situations were a bit different than normal. Yes, alright I was playing golf again this morning, but it was only a skills challenge, so no 18 holes today.

I wasn't the only one sheltering from the rain, as a very energetic Muntjac running around the woods. It then cut across the practice field, into someones garden and back into the trees. Obviously it was afraid of the water, just like me! When chipping, a wagtail flew over my head. The limited conditions disallowed me to see the colours underneath, but certain identifications shew this was a Yellow Wagtail. I have now seen all 4 Wagtail species this year, including the White Wagtails I saw in France earlier in March. Hope to speak to you soon.

TOTAL BIRD SPECIES OF 2012 = 137


No comments:

Post a Comment