Tuesday 6 August 2013

Broken 200!!!!!

READ THIS POST BEFORE POST ABOVE!


I have been so busy because it is School Holidays with so many Golf Tournaments. I have been having about 4 a week!!! Since our Isle of Mull visit, we have only been out birding twice, and that was at Lackford and Minsmere. Before both of them visits, I had a walk around Cretingham Golf Club - one of my golf clubs - without playing on it (LOL) taking pictures of the wildlife around the course. Well, here you go....

Black-tailed Skimmer

Comma

I think this is a Four-spotted Chaser?

I think this is a Small Heath

And I think this a Small Heath

About a week after these photos were taken, about 5 Broad-bodied Chasers were taking residence on the 16th hole pond.

On the 24th July, dad and I were both playing golf round Cretingham, and we found a Wood Sandpiper on one of the biggest ponds. This was and incredible sighting, which bought my year list to 198. This bird only stayed for a day.

On the 31st July, Dad and I went to Lackford Lakes. We got Common Tern, Kingfisher, Sparrowhawk, Stoat plus many more.


Kingfisher - Skip the first minute of this video or you'll get bored!


Sparrowhawk

Green Sandpiper

Emerald Damselfly

Common Tern

Then, on the 1st August, Dad and I headed to Minsmere with my 10 times better camera. We got 4 new species for the year, which were Sandwich Tern, Greenshank, Little Gull and Curlew Sandpiper.

The Pictures will be on the post after this one. Scroll up to the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben , excellent post , the first butterfly is a Small heath , not sure about 2nd one can't really see to much detail on it , and i am certain that is a 4 spotted chaser .
    Cheers
    Rob

    ReplyDelete