Friday 10 July 2015

BEE-EATERS!!!!

Last night, Dad took me down to Theberton in the chance of catching the local Bee-eater flock coming in to roost in the black poplar trees down Moat Road. There has been 10 birds present, which have been frequently seen in the evenings and mornings before flying off for the day, and coming back to roost. When we arrived, we were shocked to see the amount of people that were there. There was probably about 70 people! We only expected a handful!

After chatting to several known faces (always great to have a catch up), the clock approached 7:30, and we were all wondering whether they were going to turn up, when all of a sudden, the fluty calls alerted us to them passing overhead, and then landing on the wires. An incredible moment! What fantastic colours on a Bee-eater! But not 1, 10 of them. Amazing. Here are my phone-scoped shots...








And here are my shots with the camera...





And a video...



An incredible evening twitch!

Happy Birding!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you saw them and got some great pics. I missed out on Bee-eaters as a lifer and for the year, as I was a Cheshire Oaks (shopping) were 2 had just flown above me and I didn't even know they were there.

    ReplyDelete