Saturday 5 May 2012

I've been waiting!

Another wet week, but with Swallows now starting to spread around the UK, it is time for another Hirundine to turn up, the Swift. But no, this didn't just turn up in a suspected place, like a Reserve, it turned up in our back garden! It didn't stay for long, as a magpie shooed it off.

Golf Lesson today, and the local Common Buzzard pair were soaring above the driving range, accompanied by a Skylark, and a Kestrel. My Golf teacher mentioned that there was the pair of Barn Owls that bred last year was sighted for the first time this year last night at 8:30pm.

Nothing great was seen at school this year, but a Jay, Swallows and a Chiffchaff were all singing, so a bit of spark. my Dad and I are hoping to go birdwatching on Monday, so hopefully good birds, and I will tell you about that soon.

TOTAL OF BIRDS SPECIES IN 2012 = 138

No comments:

Post a Comment